Prepared your taxes and can’t pay the taxes due? Apply for a Payment Plan.
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
A payment plan is an agreement with the IRS to pay the taxes you owe within an extended timeframe. You should request a payment plan if you believe you will be able to pay your taxes in full within the extended time frame. If you qualify for a short-term payment plan you will not be liable for a user fee. Not paying your taxes when they are due may cause the filing of a Notice of Federal Tax Lien and/or an IRS levy action. See Publication 594, The IRS Collection Process (PDF).
For additional information on Payment Plans click here:
CALIFORNIA FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
If you can't pay your tax bill, you may be eligible to make monthly payments by applying for an Installment Agreement.
You may be eligible if:
• Amount due is less than $25,000.
• Installment payment period is no more than 60 months.
• You have filed all your income tax returns.
You are not eligible if you have a:
• Current Installment Agreement with FTB.
• Order to Withhold.
• Continuous Order to Withhold.
• Earnings Withholding Order for Taxes.
Click here for more information:
To apply for an Installment Agreement click here: