Put it on Layaway! Avoid wage garnishments and liens. California Franchise Tax Board may let you pay over time.
Online Installment Agreement terms and conditions
• Payment – Make timely monthly payments until your tax liability is paid in full.
• Payment method – Pay by electronic funds withdrawal.
• Funds – Maintain adequate funds in your bank account.
• Tax returns – File all required valid personal income tax returns timely.
• Future balances - Pay all future income tax balances timely.
• Fee –Pay a $34 IA fee, which will be added to your balance due.
• Withholding – Confirm that the wage withholding rates for Forms DE 4 and W-4 on file with your employer will withhold enough state income tax to pay your liability for your next state income tax return.
• Estimated tax payments – Make any required estimated tax payments.
• Certify financial hardship - If your tax liability exceeds $10,000 or the installment period for payment exceeds 36 months, then you must certify you have a financial hardship.